Saturday, July 3, 2010

Working With the IMK




The group one had in IMK these weeks basically determined what kind of week you were going to have, as well as how much free time you were going have. The second you found out who your group was, you’d talk to the people who had them last week and gauge this week’s difficulty with the last.

I was pretty lucky: the one week I did present, I had a great group. Everyone was competent and we all split up the work well. As an added plus, both teammates had great English and we had an awesome presentation. My second and third week, luckily, I did not present. I mean, the second week wasn’t quite as good as my first, and I wasn't quite as proud of my work as I had been the first week.

Though I had had one of the same teammates from the previous week, the new team member did not put as much for as us two did. Also, I didn’t have much faith in the company, The Sabah Rhino Project, which in my view was a futile attempt to resuscitate an evolutionarily inept species of which only one is in their custody. Still, we tackled the project head on and enthusiastically and came up with pretty innovative ideas to help them promote their cause. And oddly enough, even as much as I wanted to not go at first, I was kind of disappointed that my group wasn’t chosen. After putting so much work into the PowerPoint, I was a bit disappointed that I couldn’t “show it off” to everyone else, especially granted the generous scoring that was done that week compared to the first and third week.


The third week, I honestly felt like I was doing most of the work, but at least I my teammate gave me an internet anywhere USB thing which was a) a godsend, and b) the envy of pretty much everyone else at the hostel. I had pretty mixed feeling about this group. One of the teammates was pretty helpful, but we would kind of butt heads on a lot of stuff. Then the other teammate was helpful in giving me the Internet stick but didn’t much other than that. But hey I was pretty glad that I didn’t go that week, as I was able to breathe easy and just hang around the golf course for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment